The Bindnagle Lutheran Church of Palmyra, Pennsylvania was built in 1803 and only a few modernizations have been done over the years. In 1885 an itinerant worker from Sweden was hired to paint the church and he did so with a faux marble painting on the walls and columns, Delft designs on the ceiling and figurative painting on the back sounding board over the wineglass pulpit. No painting has been done in the church since, with the exception of some restoration work where hands have rubbed the finish from the walls over the years. The church seats about 250 people, there is a gallery level above the main sanctuary.